This photo pretty much sums me up: I’m not afraid to be adorkable in public — which is a little strange since I’m insanely shy most of the time. I guess once you’re wearing a tutu, a sweatband, and some umpa-lumpa socks, while pretending to be a pretty pretty ballerina, you really just have to go with it. ;)
Now, while I’m working on a more complete bio to share with the interwebs, here’s a short list of things about me to get you started:
- I love my name, and I like sharing it with jewelry and stained glass. I do not like sharing it with every hooker, prostitute and stripper on TV.
- I am an avid procrastinator, but I seem to do my best work in the 11th hour… which also happens to be my favorite number, but I don’t think one has anything to do with the other.
- I am not good at multi-tasking, but then again, most people aren’t. I’d rather work on and complete one thing, than have 5 half-finished projects lying around.
- I think I missed my calling as a private investigator. I will not stop searching (aka: Googling) until I find exactly what I’m looking for. I’m a little OCD that way.
- It is genetically impossible for me to roll my tongue. I learned this in Freshman Biology, yet I continue to try to prove biology and genetics wrong. I have not succeeded… yet.
- I read old textbooks for fun. Psychology, sociology, and financial planning are my favorites.
- I love colorful artwork but prefer photos in black and white.
- I am currently obsessed with owls: Tea cups. Mugs. Pictures. Wall art. Owl (piggy) banks. Ornaments. This could get out of hand very quickly. — Update: this has gotten out of hand and I am quickly spinning into “crazy owl lady” territory.
- I love Starbucks and Dutch Bros. // Update: I have found Black Rock coffee, and I am in love. // Update x2: I cold turkey stopped drinking delicious sugar frou-frou coffee drinks and my body loves me for it.
- I love budgets and numbers and spreadsheets. Oh my!
- I prefer running to walking, although dance-walking will always win.
- Speaking of walking, I’ve now completed 5 Portland to Coast Relay walks in a row.
- I cry watching dance flash mobs because they make my soul happy, and I want to live in a musical.
- I have two furbabies who love to cuddle and paw at my face <3